(5 Years Until) My Quarter-Life Crisis


The ruminations, ramblings and rants of a marketing intern trying to figure out what the fuck she's doing all summer... and in life. This intern was very upset when she found out that a "Quarter-Life Crisis" comes at age 25, not 20.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

nervous

On Friday, around 5:30, when the office was pretty much empty, I realized that it was the perfect opportunity to approach my boss and ask about all the things that have been bothering me, which I wasn't going to bring up, but I just don't want to spend the rest of the summer wondering, "what if?".



1st Q: Is there an intranet?
A: No, we just used shared drives.

2nd Q: Is there a way to access my e-mail from home?
A: Yes, here's how...


(My boss had mentioned - twice - that she would have the IT guy change my monitor to a newer one.)
3rd Q: If my monitor is changed, is there any way that I could move over one cube so that I could have that fourth wall? It's really unnerving to be sitting there right in the middle of everything.
A: I know he has some cubes specifically set-up for traveling people, but since you are going to be here all summer, maybe he'll be able to switch them.

4th Q: My old company offered me $12 an hour. I really want to stay here because I think that this is a really good growing opportunity. Is that possible?
A: I'll check the budget and let you know on Tuesday.



So I'm really nervous about that last piece. I really hope they say yes. I wrote about my reasons in a post titled "feeling a bit uneasy". Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home