(5 Years Until) My Quarter-Life Crisis


The ruminations, ramblings and rants of a marketing intern trying to figure out what the fuck she's doing all summer... and in life. This intern was very upset when she found out that a "Quarter-Life Crisis" comes at age 25, not 20.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

feeling a bit uneasy...

So, I had my interview on Tuesday and tomorrow is my first day of work. I've been thinking a lot and I feel like I should ask for $12 instead of $10. They obviously really want me, and if they could afford to have me 40 hours a week and I'm going to be coming in at the most 35 hours, they should be able to pay me that.

The thing is, I've been working for $10 an hour since I graduated high school, now that I've got two years of college and a whole lot of experience under my belt, hasn't my work value increased at least a little bit?

My mother says that I should've said something at the interview (I agree) and that there's really nothing I can do at this point. I think I should go in tomorrow, see how it goes and at some point bring up the subject, either face-to-face or by e-mail. I could maybe say something along the lines of, "my old company has offered me $12 an hour, i know that your advertisment said $10, but is that something we could look into?"

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home