(5 Years Until) My Quarter-Life Crisis


The ruminations, ramblings and rants of a marketing intern trying to figure out what the fuck she's doing all summer... and in life. This intern was very upset when she found out that a "Quarter-Life Crisis" comes at age 25, not 20.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

miscommunication

I thought today was my first day on the job, but apparently, I was just going in for an interview. From what I understand, I will be working closely with two women (one a recent grad, the other older). They were really excited to have me: "we were overwhelmed by your resume". I'm nervous that I won't live up to their expectations.

The company is really young, experiencing recent rapid growth with a lot of potential. The workplace itself isn't as nice as at my old company. My cubicle is right in the open and doesn't have any type of fourth wall, so no privacy for me...

The whole time I was there, I was comparing this new company with my old one. I felt like I was comparing a new boyfriend with my first love.

My first real day will be on Thursday. I told them I'd be in at 10:00am. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of how many hours I'll be working there (I'm going to try and still work at the old job at least one day a week...)

Options for tomorrow:
- enjoy my day off
- going in for a day to my old company

1 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Poppy said…

    I vote for the day off. It's good to take care of yourself. If you're really going to do your internship plus work a day at your old job, you'll need all the rest you can get ahead of time. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home