(5 Years Until) My Quarter-Life Crisis


The ruminations, ramblings and rants of a marketing intern trying to figure out what the fuck she's doing all summer... and in life. This intern was very upset when she found out that a "Quarter-Life Crisis" comes at age 25, not 20.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

interning in dc

A visitor (unclejohn.mindsay.com) directed me to this article, commenting "Unless you want old guys hitting on you all the time you don't want to be any kind of intern in Washington DC." I had three initial reactions:

1. Old guys hitting on young interns? I wish they would just GROW UP, but I think the Monica Lewinsky syndrome happens pretty much anywhere. At my internship, I was never inappropriately approached, but there were a few (rare and hopefully innocent) comments that made me go "hmmm..."

2. The only person I know who is actually any type of political/governmental intern in Washington, DC is a guy who is spending the summer working with Barack Obama. Hopefully, he won't have any trouble. ;)

3. At this point (of being home two days) I think that I might rather deal with fifty-year-old men hitting on me than having to deal with my mother for the next three months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home