(5 Years Until) My Quarter-Life Crisis


The ruminations, ramblings and rants of a marketing intern trying to figure out what the fuck she's doing all summer... and in life. This intern was very upset when she found out that a "Quarter-Life Crisis" comes at age 25, not 20.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

wave

As I get ready to leave for work, my youngest sister is usually eating or finishing up her breakfast. We chat as I make my lunch. Today she introduced me to her new friend, who, according to my sister, was sitting in the seat next to her. Ah, imaginary friends. I never had one, so it's interesting to hear about hers. I don't think it'll last long, since she forgot about her friend within a matter of seconds.

But, onto the point! Every morning, my sister stands on our couch and waves goodbye to me from the window as I pull out of the driveway. Yes, there are days when she's still in her high chair and doesn't, or days where I run out in a bad mood and don't remember to let her know I'm leaving. BUT- today I told her I was leaving, and asked her if she would wave me goodbye and she said NO!

I know I shouldn't be upset, I know she's only 2, but... I was sad when I left for work this morning. Hopefully tomororow I'll get a wave goodbye.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home