(5 Years Until) My Quarter-Life Crisis


The ruminations, ramblings and rants of a marketing intern trying to figure out what the fuck she's doing all summer... and in life. This intern was very upset when she found out that a "Quarter-Life Crisis" comes at age 25, not 20.

Friday, June 24, 2005

cat and mouse

me (12:24:35 PM): "wehn the cat's out of town, the mice come out to play"
my friend (12:24:49 PM): when the cats away the mice will play

I hope everyone enjoys my version of the saying. Good thing I have friends like Andrea who also sit online all day to help me figure out what I'm trying to say. I was telling her that my boss and the other person in my department are both out on vacation today and all of next week, so I feel like I should somehow take advantage of this situation. The thing is that I'm really lucky and work independently even when they are here, so it's not a major change. But still, it's that same feeling as when your parents go out of town and you are dying to have a huge party because you can, but people aren't around, or there's something else going on. And it feels like a wasted opportunity. As a result, I'm updating this from work, which isn't something I would usually do, so at least I'm doing something.

The other thing that's been making me laugh recently is the AIM and internship relationship. I have friends who are scared to sign online, and others who literally just sit at work and have conversations all day. I'm somewhere in between. I believe in the philosophy of, "it's better to ask forgiveness, then permission". If they have a problem with it, they'll let me know. At my old job, everyone was always online and it was a good way of communicating rather than sending a thousand short e-mails. Here, I just found out one of my co-workers' screen name yesterday... It's a little embarrasing when a IM pops up while someone is at my cubicle, but hey, it happens.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger LoveTheException said…

    Learning to minimize IE windows quickly was a must when I first started in my sadly cubically contained office world. You get used to listening for people coming. To think, I used to be nervous about being on MSN, now I run a my own blog from my desk, underneath everyone's nosey little noses. Cheers, and happy blogging.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home